
Our new batch of hens were getting old enough to start laying eggs when I noticed that one of them was much larger than the rest with shinier feathers and one big blue feather growing from its tail. My suspicions that it might be a rooster were confirmed when I went outside one morning to feed and it crowed, sounding more like a strangled cat than a rooster. Since then we have taught it to crow like a "normal" rooster by crowing at it ourselves and waiting for it to crow back. I am proud to tell you that we have taught it so well that it crows all morning and evening like a champ.
5 comments:
I had no idea that you could teach a rooster anything! Good job.
Way to go Rusty - you found your voice! It just goes to show that while you may not be able to teach an old dog new tricks, apparently you can teach a new rooster!
p.s. How'd the slaughter go today? That's going to be a whole lotta bacon!
The slaughter is happening this weekend instead. We got our second freezer up and running and ready to fill up. Next family gathering we'll be bringin home the bacon!
I love your farm animals. I bet you're so excited to get rid of those pigs! Are the girls sad about it at all?
Kaden is writing a research paper on roosters. He had to take in a small handmade rooster today. Any interesting facts that you've learned which he can share about them?
Post a Comment