
Well, we did it. Our pigs are long gone and this week Nate brought home 229 lbs. of bacon, ham, sausage, pork chops, steaks, roasts . . . I could go on and on. We've packed both our freezers to the brim and we've had some form of pork for almost every meal since then. It's terrible for my Biggest Loser competition, but it sure is yummy. We sold the black one so all our meat is just from one pig. They each weighed just over 300 lbs. when they went to slaughter. In this picture they weighed about 60 lbs each.
3 comments:
mmm...bacon.... That's a whole lotta meat! Don't worry about the waistline, after all, pork's the "other white meat" ;o)
Thanks for the fun shots of the family and for visiting my blog site. I have added some more pictures of Alaska and some of the family as well. Take a look at Amy and her prom. I just am not ready for her to be all grown up.
Sure love ya, Uncle Ron
Poor little piggies. :) That's awesome though...you'll have a nice supply of meat for a long time!
Post a Comment