
On Feb. 4th I went into Dr. Pass's office for my ultrasound to determine the sex of our 20 week old baby. The ultrasound tech started asking me all kinds of odd questions like,"have you had any infections recently?". I answered "no" to all of them, but I knew immediately something was wrong. I had suspicions because I had not felt the baby move for a few weeks. She said there was no heartbeat and the fetal age indicated the baby died two weeks earlier. Then she asked if I wanted to know the baby's sex. I told her I did and she told me it was a little girl. She would have been our third girl in a row.
I met with Dr. Pass soon after and he recommended we induce labor rather than do a D&C. We checked into Chandler Regional on Friday morning and delivered the baby at 4:20 a.m. the following morning. I only needed to be dilated to 5 before delivery, but the process took awhile. Dr. Pass showed us the baby and the knot that was tied on the umbilical cord. Even if we had known about it two weeks earlier there was nothing we could have done to prevent it. It was a relief for me to know the cause of death and that I was not at fault for it. Anyone who has had a miscarriage knows knows how easy it is to blame yourself.
Anyway, it turned out to be a great experience for such an awful situation. I had so much love and support from friends, family, nurses, doctors and neighbors. Nettie brought me a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers because she new I liked them. The nurses were so kind that I want to write them all shining letters of recommendation. I hope I get the same ones when we have our next baby. The hospital gave me a footprint card, a teddy bear wearing a bracelet that says "Boulter Baby Girl", and a disc of photos of her.

Thanks to everyone who brought meals during the week. We appreciated it greatly. We love you!
7 comments:
Christy, I admire you for having the strength to even post about this so soon after it has happened. I was heartbroken to find out you had lost your baby, but it sounds like you have an amazing attitude and perspective about it. I'm so glad the nurses and doctors took good care of you and made you feel the best you could in this situation. I pray for a quick recovery for you, both physically and emotionally. I can't imagine what you may be feeling right now. Again I admire your positive outlook. I wish I could've done more to help you during this difficult time, but just know my prayers and thoughts have been with you and your family.
I'm sending lots and lots of love and strength and peace to you and your family. Sure love ya.
Christy know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Christy, I just heard and was heartbroken for you. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Trisha Riggs
You are so amazing. I admire your positive attitude in your trial. You are a very good example to all of us. My prayers are with you and your family. I had to leave town for the past two weeks with a family emergency, but I am home now and would love to have Paige over for an afternoon. Please call me if you want to talk or need anything at all.
Thank you for sharing your loss. I'm sorry for you and your family. I'm glad all is going well and that you are doing so well. That is a hard thing to go through and I'm glad you're hanging in there. You are loved!
Christy, you have been on my mind so much for the past couple weeks. My heart broke for you when Nate called me with the news. I hope that you guys are doing well. Our prayers are with you. If you ever need to talk you know where I am. I'm so glad that you're a part of our family. Love ya.
Post a Comment