Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Called to Serve
A lot has gone on this past week. First, last Sunday Nate gave his first lesson as the new Priest Quorum adviser. Everyone said he did a great job. Nate told me that one of the Priests was resting his head on the desk during the lesson so Nate slammed a book on the desk right beside him, making him jump out of his seat. Funny:). Nate and I also said the prayers in sacrament meeting. Later that day we were asked to give talks in sacrament for the following week.
For Enrichment Night I gave a twenty minute talk on exercise and its positive effect on stress, anxiety and depression. That's one subject I could go on and on about, even if I don't always practice what I preach.
On Sunday Nate and I gave five minute talks on the pioneers. Nate did a great job, as always. He has a real talent for teaching. Later I subbed for the CTR 8 class. After church I was called in by the bishopric and asked to accept a new calling on the Enrichment Committee. I have served in this calling before, so it should be pretty easy (knock on wood) but I will miss the Activity Days girls. This next week I will enjoy resting a bit with no talks to prepare. I'm sure the ward is tired of hearing me by now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fun post on all of the serving opportunities you have had in the last week or so! The church keeps us busy in such a great way! Thanks for sharing :)
Every ward is in need of happy helpers. I bet they're so grateful to have you guys! Wish we could have heard your talks.
Days that never end!
Post a Comment