Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bumps, Bruises and Amputations

These past few weeks have been full of accidents. First, Nate had to jump off of our horse, Flame, when it tripped over it's own feet. Flame would have rolled over on top of Nate if he hadn't jumped for it. Nate ended up bruising his tail bone and cracking the back of his head on the ground pretty hard. The next few days he was very bruised and sore.
Next Paige was climbing on our lat tower (exercise equipment) and fell onto the metal base, splitting open the back of her head. She was borderline needing stitches but we opted not to since the wound is concealed by her hair where no one will ever see it if it scars.
Last of all was our two-year-old boxer who got out of our yard and decided to play out on the highway. He was hit by a car which broke his hip and crushed his rear right leg. Our options were to put him down, pay a boatload for surgery that may or may not work, or amputate his leg. Luckily our neighbor is a vet tech and got us an excellent deal and we were able to pay for an amputation for a fraction of the usual price. So we now own a tripod dog. He is recovering great and should be running around like his old self in a couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow!! sounds painful! all of it! So excited for breaking dawn!!

Amanda said...

So, you coming at midnight? I don't even know what to say about all the injuries... hope everyone is feeling better quick. :)

shannen said...

Oh no! Poor Bolt! That's so sad! Is Herc treating him any different? I'm sorry for poor Paige and Nate too! Man, life on the farm really can be tough!

Yay Breaking Dawn!!!!!!!

Briana said...

Wow...I had no idea about all that stuff. How's Nate's tailbone? That's an awful place to be hurting. I hope Bolt is able to run and play without too much difficulty after he recovers.

So tell me....how was Breaking Dawn?????

Christy said...

I loved it! That's about all I can say until you read it too.