Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break at Lake Roosevelt

During spring break we went camping at Lake Roosevelt in Nana's 1975 RV. I've never camped in anything but a tent so it was a luxury to have a bathroom, beds, a kitchen, a fridge and a TV all right there with us. We stayed for two nights and spent the days fishing, playing on the playground with the girls and hiking. Natalie and Paige even went swimming in the cold lake for a while. At night we made s'mores and watched movies together. I was great family time.
This cardinal was hanging out right by our campsite. I've never seen one in the wild before. Paige was looking out the RV window and said "a cardinal mom". I thought another camper had an AZ Cardinal sticker on their car or something, but sure enough there was a real one.

Poor Natalie still hasn't caught a fish and is getting very bored with fishing.
Paige was more interested in playing with the rocks.



On the road again. Can't wait to go camping again.

5 comments:

shannen said...

Fun! I love Lake Roosevelt.

I'm glad you guys had a good trip!

You know, the older they get, the more I realize that Josh and Paige have more in common than one would first assume. Collecting bugs and playing with/throwing rocks... :) Sorry you didn't catch anything Natalie.

Did you know that one of the largest fish ever caught in Lake Roosevelt was caught by a kid with a Spiderman fishing pole? At least I think it was Spiderman.... They have the picture up in the marina's store. So, it is possible - don't give up just yet. Better luck next time!

Brooke Colvin said...

What a fun camping trip! I'm sure it was nice to go out and do something fun with the family before your little baby arrives. I hope you are feeling better by the way :)

Nettie said...

How fun Christy! And brave of you to rough it (well, roughing it in an RV) being so close to the end of pregnancy. We need to get together soon!

April said...

That actually looks like a lot of fun. I am not a camping girl but I could do it in an rv. You are such a nice mom to go camping when you are so far along. I would never do that. Hats off to you.

Cami and Phil said...

Wow! How fun is that! Totally didn't realize that you are so close to having that baby!! So good to have a last family hurrah before the little one comes!