Monday, March 15, 2010

Wildlife World Zoo

Last weekend we went to the Wildlife World Zoo with Grandma and Grandpa Willard, Uncle Rob and Aunt Shannen along with Riley and Josh.
Paige feeding a Lori parrot an apple slice.

The parrots land right on your hand and eat. We got to feed them for about ten minutes. After that we were instructed to get out of the enclosure because the apple starts coming out the other end.

Paige and Grandma riding the Skyline. It's basically a ski lift that takes you right over the animal exhibits around the park.

Riley and Natalie riding the Skyline.

Here is Natalie feeding the giraffes. They stick out their tounges and we would drop the food right onto it, trying not to get slimed in the process.

Natalie & Paige with the flamingos. I asked Paige if she knew why flamingos were pink. She replied, "I know mom, it's because they eat lots of shrimp. I read a book about it in the library". I was very impressed.

The last time we were at a zoo Paige had a fever and slept through almost everything. Later, when she saw a picture of Natalie riding the carousel she was upset we didn't wake her. She's held onto that memory for two years now and was determined to ride the carousel this time.

Natalie and Riley on the carousel.

The goats tried to eat everything they came into contact with including Paige's skirt, my pockets and everyone's shirts.

Natalie with the baby pigmy goats. . .

at the petting zoo.





Natalie with the desert tortise.






Natalie feeding the Lori parrots.

Grandma Willard







Daddy's little girl.


4 comments:

Paul and Susan said...

What a neat place to go to. I would love to feed the animals like that and get up close to them. It is great to see pictures of your girls and how they are growing up. Will we see you guys at the family reunion?

Nettie said...

That looks like so much fun! I've heard it's a really cool zoo. We'll have to take our kids there sometime. Did you end up renting a wheel chair? :)

The McLaws Family said...

Oh this is my favorite zoo. You get to get so close to the animals. Looks like you had a fun day :)

Brooke Colvin said...

That looks like a really fun zoo. Brandon and I went to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego a few weeks ago and had a great time, but it's just not the same without our kids. We'll definitely have to try this one out.