Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring Garden

Natalie took these pictures of our garden. She said she wants to always remember what the sugar snap peas looked like. Every day when she comes home from school she grabs a couple off the vine before coming in. It's the perfect after school snack.
The cauliflower plant has been growing since January and still there's no sign of production yet. Maybe it just takes a while, or it's too hot here for the plant. We also have beets, watermelon, squash, oregano, grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, zucchini and strawberries. Natalie grew a sunflower plant at school and gave it to me for Mother's Day and it's doing well transplanted into our garden bed. We've already harvested the carrots, radishes and green onions.

Sugar snap peas growing up the trellis.


7 comments:

Lonni said...

I'm impressed! I love your garden!

Julie said...

Seriously - I wish I had a garden. How do you get your puppies to leave it alone? :)

Heather said...

I can imagine Bolt running all over your garden! Didn't Nate tell you about our boxer in my mom's flower garden growing up?? lol Good luck with that! Your garden looks great!!

Christy said...

We keep the dogs out with chicken wire.

Briana said...

Good job on your garden! I'm with Natalie..I love fresh sugar snap peas!

Peyton WIlcock said...

You've got the touch! You make it sound and look so easy, but I just can't seem to get started. I am so excited for ya!

April said...

Christy-
I must say that I am very impressed by your amazing garden. I would love to have a garden like that. Our fire ants eat everything here and so it is really hard to have a good garden.