Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Natalie's Baptism

Natalie was baptized last Saturday. She was given a journal from her Uncle Rob & Aunt Shannen. I thought Natalie gave a great account of the day. Here it is in Natalie's words:
February 13, 2010
Today I got baptized. Grandma Willard gave me a talk and a teddy bear. Then I got baptized. The water was hot. It went to my waist. My white suit was to big for me. I had to roll my pants up about 4 or 5 times. When I got out of the tub my suit was heavy on me. Then my Dad did the hand on head. Then my two Aunts sang a song called "If the Savior Stood Beside Me". My two Aunts are Aunt Becca and Rachel. Also Grandpa Boulter gave a talk about the Holy Ghost. Then we did the closing prayer and went home.
My Dad said, "Since you are a member of the Church you have to be nice to me and not wrestle me as much and do not beat me at 'Call of Duty'. We all had a great party at my house. We had my favorite chicken, pollo asado, and we had burritos. We had a burn barrel fire and a bon fire. Then they all went home and it was a great day. I had a great baptized day.
The people at the baptism wrote me a book. They did their testimonies and made it a book and Sister Riggs took a picture of me and my Dad. There were lots of testimonies. The paper was colored. The colors were blue, red purple and green. There were great testimonies. I love my testimony book.
I got a journal from my Aunt Shannen and Brother Webb said I needed a journal and I got one. I wrote all my stuff about my baptism. It was a great day.
Sincerely,
Natalie

This is Natalie writing in her new journal with her new teddy bear by her side.

We did have a fun time together afterwards eating, visiting and playing Rock Band.

7 comments:

Paul and Susan said...

Natalie is a very talented writer. I don't think I would have been able to write such a good journal entry at age eight.

shannen said...

We had such a fun day - thank you guys so much!

And I love what Natalie wrote - too precious (but don't tell her I said it was precious - tell her it was rocking or awesome or something ;D ). We're so proud of her!

Nettie said...

I LOVE that! I'm so glad she had a good baptised day. :) And I'm so glad we were able to be there. I love you guys.

Cami and Phil said...

How great it is to be baptized! I am really so proud of her, and I love how detailed she was in her journal entry.

April said...

I can't believe I missed her baptism. Please give her a big hug for me and tell her that I am so proud of her. She is getting so big.

Heather said...

She is such a great girl, Christy! You and Nate have raised such amazing kids!! I'm so proud of her and hate being so far away that we miss everyone's baptisms. I can't wait to see her and give her a big hug!!

Brooke Colvin said...

Way to go Natalie! They always tell the children to write in their journals on their baptism day and she actually did it :) She (and you) will cherish that forever.